Today I had such a lovely surprise—I received the Sunshine Award from Vini who writes super blogs on vegetarian cooking & she takes the most awesome pix.. Big thanks Vini..
When I started blogging about food, I had no idea I’d end up taking so many pix. I cook everyday , sometimes more than once and I love to write so thought it would be easy to combine my 2 loves, cooking and sharing my recipes through writing. Who knew there’s a whole other angle to blogging, pix– I‘m just learning to take good food pix…still getting the hang of it. Another great thing that happens is meeting wonderful people -you’ll read about them in this post.
In the spirit of this award here are the rules of the Sunshine Award:
If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you.
You must answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post. Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
Here are my answers:
1. Who is your favorite philosopher? Going by the number of times I’ve shared his quotes on my facebook page, I’ve have to say Rumi.
2. What is your favorite number? 7
3. What is your favorite animal? dolphins and puppies tie.
5. What is your favorite time of day? I found out its early morning when I taught a yoga class at my workplace in the open air terrace.
6. What was your favourite vacation? The Bahamas of course since I grew up in tropics but live in one of the most breathtakingly beautiful yet coldest countries of the world. Any chance I have to get some sun and sand I take off to warmer climes.
7. What is your favorite physical activity? Yoga and swimming, I love both!
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink? used to be apple juice, but ever since I (re)discovered coconut water, I simply can’t have enough. Its like the French with red wine, I must must have a glass of coconut water every night!
9. What is your favorite flower? Roses esp. the free rose the vendor in delhi’s khan market would hand me & my bestie with a wink 🙂
10. What is your passion? Making complex things easy like taking a terribly difficult recipe and making it easy for someone like me who thinks like a child. Or taking a really hard computer concept & explaining it in layman language to others to understand and of course appreciate. if you guessed that I’m a software trainer by day, give yourself a pat on the back & a 10 on 10 .
Passing it on, in no particular sequence:
1. Allison of SpontaneousTomato has a great blog with the coolest food pix.
2. Axinia of 1000 petals writes crisply about spirituality in a practical way
3. Acorn in my kitchen has great pix. I love to see a farmer’s market stall become a blog and it helps that it’s a Spaniard!
4. Peri’s Spice Ladle in her lovely approach to give a global touch to indian food.
5. Lori writes all manner of real cooking tips in What have we got here?
6. Balanced peanut for clever ideas and great visuals in Balanced Peanut.
7. Letizia in DutchgoesItalian for her enthusiasm to share all things Italian.
8. Marcella for her health conscious approach to life in For your Good health
9. My Little Italian Kitchen in how an Italian expat in UK continues to keep her Italian tradition alive.
10. Mixer Upper for her posts and her ability to mix things up in an amazing way.
And if I had to pick a #1 person to acknowledge, it would probably be you dear reader, and all of you who take the time to like & comment on my posts.. I do appreciate that so much.. Happy Friday – and hope you have a sunny weekend just like the award!