|2 cups steamed, peeled and cubed beets||Spice Mix
1 green chili slit lengthwise
½ tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp curry leaves
½ tsp coconut oil
1 tsp urad dal
Salt to taste
• Wash beets. Steam whole beets using a steamer basket
• Remove from pan. . Allow to cool and then peel. This is the easiest way to tackle beets without getting your hands all deep red
• Cut into cubes and set aside
• Meanwhile in pan, heat oil
• Add mustard seeds, when they splutter, add urad dal, curry leaves, and green chili
• Toss in the steamed, cubed beets so they are coated with the spice mix
• Add salt and remove from fire.
Do try my way of cooking and eating beets? Do let me know if you like them this way.. I paired beets with the cold medicine soup, rice and some papad.